Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Lasik Anyone?

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year AND Happy Birthday to Ryan! On January 2nd we went for a little trip to Lasik Plus to have Ryan's eyes done. The first picture of him being scared (ok...pretending to be scared for the camera) when we were pulling out of our driveway. The 3rd picture is just before surgery, 4th picture is just after surgery and the 5th one is Lasik Plus sending him home. While he was on the table getting they surgery done I watched through the glass window. It was pretty crazy and GROSS to watch but fascinating at the same time. They gave him a stuffed monkey to squeeze while they did the procedure and afterwards he said how glad he was that they let him hold it. It just makes me laugh because apparently lots of people need to squeeze the poor little stuffed monkey. He had to wear those eye covers all day long and then every night to sleep in for the first week or so. We had a follow up appointment yesterday and they said that one eye is 20/15 and the other eye is 20/10. I would say he can see pretty well. Now we have a year to pay it off and then hopefully I can have mine done. Glasses and/or contacts since 6th grade is just not ideal any longer! Any of you that have the chance to have Lasik I say DO IT! Ryan had a really good experience and is happy to not have to wear glasses for swimming, taking pictures, hunting, etc. I seriously am jealous and can't wait for MY TURN!

1 comment:

Mekelle said...

Wow! Sounds like your holidays were wonderful and fun. Denny had the Lasik surgery done a couple years ago. He has had perfect eye vision since! He says it is so nice not having to deal with the glasses or contacts. It was amazing to watch-and gross. I could never do it, but I am a wuss. Your next!!! It was nice seeing your updates...LOL
Love ya!
P.S. I am so glad I can finally say I met your husband. He seems like such a wonderful man.