skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Breast Reduction-Worth It?!?
So...most of you know that I decided to have a breast reduction. Well, on September 9th it all happend. I showed up to the hospital at 10:30 am. I then sat in the little room with an IV in my hand until 1:00 pm because the anesthesiologist got held up at another surgery. They finally took me back to surgery and Ryan went and met up with his mom. They waited together. They were told my surgery would only last a couple of hours. Well, after 4 hours they hadn't heard anything so they went to the nurses station trying to get information. After another hour of that, with still no update, someone finally came and told them that the surgery took longer than normal because they found a tumor the size of an EGG. They said they seemed to get it all and it came back benign which is really good. After post-op and recovery I finally got to go home and by then it was about 10:30 pm. That was the worst night ever. I had drains coming out of my armpits and I needed help to even stand up and/or go to the bathroom. I finally got a sponge bath on Thursday after 3 days of nastiness. Friday the 12th I went to the doctor for my check up and they removed the drains and cotton and bandages. Then they gave me this surgical bra that I have to wear for the next 3 weeks...night and day. Good thing Ryan is such a good husband. He has been helping me change my bra, shower, washing my hair, helping me get dressed, etc. It has been a rough week and a half to say the least. I finally got my appetite back a few days ago. I also went to another doctor's appointment today (the 19th) and he said everything is looking good and healing good. He gave me persmission to drive come Monday....finally!!!! He did however tell me that they would be somewhat swollen and misshapen for the next 3 or so months! YIKES! Not looking forward to that by any means. I know you are all anxious to see pictures so I will get some posted as soon as possible. I went from a size E (or close to) to a C. Pretty much in half...good times and hopefully in a few months I will be happy with my decision.
3 comments:
Glad to see you are doing good. I found your blog from Steph. Here's to healing.
Raini
So was it worth it? :)
Pics huh? Naked ones? LOL.
Post a Comment